1. Bambino Mio Ltd takes its obligations to protect your personal data very seriously and has taken steps to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all related regulations ("the Act").
2. This Policy sets out the principles governing our use of your Personal Data. In buying the products available on our website and by using the site generally, you agree to the principles set out below.
3. When you use the site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We may supplement the information that you provide with information we receive from our Service Providers and/or other third parties.
4. The principal purposes for which we process and store your Personal Data are - to speed up the buying process (for example, by collecting personal details we can partially prepare new purchase requests and other forms on the Site saving you time in filling in those details); - to monitor, improve and administer the Site and the services provided on the Site; - to enable us to conduct surveys and aggregate user profiles; - to provide you with information on selected products that you have asked for or which we think may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to do so); Further details of the purposes are set out in our Data Protection registration which can be viewed on the Information Commissioner's web site at http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
5. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Below is a full list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
• __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz = from Google Analytics. These cookies are installed in a visitor's web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We can then use the resulting data to generate reports that can help us improve the website experience. These cookies collect data anonymously; the resulting information allows us to identify the number of visitors who have come to the website, where visitors have come from, and which web pages visitors viewed while on our website.
• Joomla session cookies (for example: ddfd5b8e2eb21abeda21d8f744ea3c4a) = cookies that are part of Joomla website Content management System (CMS) for this installation, normally automatically installed into a visitor's web browser when visiting this website. The cookies are active only for the current session, and are deleted when the web browser is closed.
If you choose not to accept cookies, then only the standard Joomla session cookie will load and be active until you close your web browser, the website will not function as intended and some facilities will be unavailable.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking: "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Most browser companies provide instructions on disabling cookies on their web sites. The most popular browser companies are listed below;
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org
7. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
8. In the case of communications by e-mail you should note that as e-mails are not currently encrypted (and may therefore be intercepted by third parties) and as the identity of the sender cannot be confirmed you must NOT provide your security details by e-mail and should avoid providing any Personal Data to us by e-mail. We will not provide Personal Data to you by e-mail.
When you use the site, we will ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We may supplement the information that you provide with information we receive from our Service Providers and/or other third parties.
9. In the event that you wish to see a copy of your Personal Data held by us please write to: The Data Protection Officer Bambino Mio Limited 12 Staveley Way Brixworth Northampton NN6 9EU United Kingdom
10. We will amend or delete any Personal Data relating to you which is found to be incorrect or not relevant in accordance with the Act. If you are aware of any changes that should be made to your Personal Data please notify us on 01604 883 777 (+44 16 04 88 37 77 from outside the UK) as soon as possible.